I think Mom already told you I got a Nook for Christmas from Grandma.
I was SO excited (still am).
I had wanted one, but never thought that I would get one. Mom kept it a big secret. I did think I might be getting one when I saw that Mom and I had the same shaped package in the same wrapping paper (Grandma had it sent wrapped directly from Barnes and Noble).
When I got it, I was VERY happy.
Mom got the Nook Color, and I got a regular nook. We decided to take it back and I spent my own $50 to upgrade to the Nook Color.
Here are the reasons I prefer the Nook Color over the regular Nook:
- The Nook is very nice if you have a lot of textbooks you need, or you are just looking for text that you can read.
- The Nook does NOT have a back-lit screen, so there must be other light, otherwise you can’t read. They do have a cover that has a light on it (Mom got it for me), and that is helpful for reading in the car.
Either one is very useful when you are doing something boring, like Hula-Hooping:
- Nook has a longer battery than the Color does, b/c it does not have as much to do.
- The Nook has a touch pad on the bottom of the screen, and that is how you navigate. Do not watch your mom read on her Nook Color b/c then you will try to touch the top screen to move. It does not work. LOL. The Color is all touchpad, which is really cool.
- Nook Color has a back-lit screen. You can control how bright it is, and that also helps your battery life. The less light it generates, the more battery you have. It WILL last for a while if you have the brightness all the way down.
- Nook Color can read to the kids! The kids books that you can get have the option to be read aloud. It works wonderfully when you need to distract your little sisters:
My little sisters ask me every night if they can listen to, “The Elephant’s Child”.
- The voice is very clear, it isn’t one of those robotic things that no one can understand. Other features of the Nook Color are all the apps, and the fact that you can go online (you can in the Nook but it does not work very well). Some of the free apps games are:
- Crossword Puzzles
- and Soduko
A few other things on the color…
- You can play mp3s, and connect to Pandora
- You can connect to Twitter, Facebook and Google
- LendMe. You can lend any of your LendMe books to anyone else that has a Nook, for 14 days, as long as you have the email address that the Nook or Nook Color is registered under.
If you want to get an E-Reader, I suggest you go with the Nook Color. It is much cooler, and all my little siblings love it.