- to say “please” and “thank you”
- to share (even when they don’t want to)
- to ask and not demand
- to use “I” statements and not “you” statements
- to give people the benefit of the doubt and not assume the worst
- not to interrupting others (how to properly join a conversation)
- how to listen
- to consider the feelings of others above their own ”Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.” Philippians 2:3-4
What about you? Have you had a rough time dealing with children (not necessarily your own) or adults who were very rude or impolite? What are some of the things that you think should be intrinsic manners that we all exhibit?
Thanks for listening!
You can subscribe to the Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast: