Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast Episode 055.
My husband got his Master’s Degree in Teaching. One of the things I remember him studying was “Multiple Intelligences” and “Learning Styles”. I admit, I didn’t really pay much attention to it back then, but I picked up enough to learn that different children learn differently. That seemed like common sense to me at the time. In fact, it still does.
A few months ago, I came across the book “How Am I Smart? A Parent’s Guide to Multiple Intelligences*” by Dr. Kathy Koch of www.CelebrateKids.com. The book takes the intellectual and psychological study of multiple intelligences, and turns this information into something extremely useful for parents.
During this podcast episode, Dr. Kathy joins me to talk about multiple intelligences. This is important information for anyone. Whether your children are homeschooled, public schooled, or pre-school, knowledge of HOW your children (and yourself) are smart can lead to a much better understanding of your children’s behaviors and misbehaviors. Learning about multiple intelligences will also strengthen all of your relationships including those with your children, your spouse, your friends, your coworkers, and even yourself.
The Eight Intelligences
- Word Smart (Linguistic intelligence)
- Logic Smart (Logical-Mathematical intelligence)
- Picture Smart (Spatial intelligence)
- Music Smart (Musical intelligence)
- Body Smart (Bodily-Kinisthetic intelligence)
- Nature Smart (Naturalist intelligence)
- People Smart (Interpersonal intelligence)
- Self Smart (Intrapersonal intelligence)
- How Am I Smart? A Parent’s Guide to Multiple Intelligences* by Dr. Kathy Koch
- Identifying Multiple Intelligences Checklist by www.CelebrateKids.com
Episodes in Series
Thanks for listening! Please join me next week as I finish the discussion on “How Am I Smart” with Dr. Kathy.
You can subscribe to the Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast:
*Amazon Affiliate Link