Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast Episode 072.
During today’s episode, I’m going to finish the discussion about sibling rivalry with Dr. Todd Cartmell, author of the book, Keep the Siblings, Lose the Rivalry*.
A lot of parents are tempted to think that siblings fighting is normal and that there is nothing they can do about it. While sibling rivalry may be common, and your children may bicker and squabble, it is something you can definitely do something about.
In his book, Keep the Siblings, Lose the Rivalry*, Dr. Todd Cartmell gives 10 specific steps that you can follow that will help you to improve the sibling rivalry in your home.
The Ten Steps
- Create a strong family bond
- Connect with each child
- Eliminate comparing, labeling, and competition
- Require sibling respect
- Improve sibling communication
- Step toward solutions
- Teach sibling survival skills
- Reinforce positive sibling behavior
- Use sibling consequences that work
- Put them on the same team
Episodes In This Series
Thanks for listening! Please join me for next weeks episode as I talk about Scream Free Parenting.
*Amazon Affiliate Link
You can subscribe to the Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast: