Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast Episode 077.
I’m sad to announce that this is the last episode of the Busy Mom’s Survival Guide for the forseeable future. I’ve been thinking and praying about this decision for a while and with Jim’s help, I’ve decided that I need to stop podcasting for now. It’s my hope that by stopping the podcast, I can free up some time to catch up on some projects (for myself, for the family, and for Goat Milk Stuff) that have been needing my attention for quite a while now.
During this episode, I share ten recurring themes that I found myself repeating during many of my podcast episodes. They are not in any particular order, they are just some thoughts that I think all busy moms (including me) need to be reminded of periodically.
- Say No – to outsiders, to yourself, and to your children.
- Don’t be afraid – don’t live in fear of the unknown or of bad things happening.
- Don’t judge other moms or feel the need to compete with other moms.
- Enjoy your kids.
- Stay in the moment.
- Don’t expect perfection – from your kids, from your spouse if you have one, and especially not from yourself.
- Take care of yourself and don’t feel guilty for doing it.
- Live below your means and make sure you have enough margin.
- Train your children – it takes more time, but it’s worth the investment.
- Create systems for your life.
And most of all, remember to dream big!
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has ever listened to this podcast and reached out to me. It is a huge encouragement to me when something I share in this podcast makes a difference in someone’s life. And remember, although I am not currently podcasting, you can still reach out to me!
You can subscribe to the Busy Mom’s Survival Guide Podcast: