Sustainable Palm Oil Benefits for Skin
In the world of skincare, finding the right balance between natural ingredients and effective cleansing can be rather tricky. At our family-run business, Goat Milk Stuff, we've discovered a skincare secret that combines the best of both worlds.
Palm oil is a versatile and gentle oil brimming with skin-nourishing nutrients. We've carefully incorporated it into our pet soaps and shaving soaps to bring these benefits to your home. So whether you or your furry friend suffers from dry skin, our palm oil-infused products are sure to do the trick.
What is Palm Oil?
Palm oil is a type of edible vegetable oil derived from the fruit of oil palm trees, primarily the African oil palm (Elaeis guineensis) and the American oil palm (Elaeis oleifera). It is one of the most widely used and versatile vegetable oils in the world due to its various applications in the food industry, cosmetics, and as a biofuel!
Palm oil, while an undoubtedly incredibly natural ingredient, has been the subject of controversy due to environmental and ethical concerns related to unsustainable palm oil production, deforestation, habitat destruction, and human rights abuses. This is why we believe in using certified sustainable palm oil in our luxuriously lathering soaps. It’s also why we use a range of natural ingredients, like coconut oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil, as alternatives can be just as good!
Benefits of Palm Oil
First things first, not all oil palm plantations produce what you want on your skin. Sustainable palm oil production is crucial for these benefits to mean anything, as we don’t want to support an industry that creates real hardship. That said, here are the wonderful benefits of palm oil in soap!
- Cleansing: Palm oil has great cleansing properties, making it effective at removing dirt, oils, and impurities from the skin.
- Lather: Palm oil creates a creamy and stable lather in soap, making the soap rich and foamy!
- Moisturizing: While palm oil is not as moisturizing as some other oils like olive oil or shea butter, it can help retain moisture in the skin by forming a protective barrier. This can be particularly beneficial for people with dry or sensitive skin.
- Hardness: Palm kernel oil is a saturated fat, which means it is solid at room temperature. When used in soap recipes, it helps to create a harder bar of soap. This hardness contributes to the durability and longevity of the soap, making it less likely to dissolve or become mushy when in contact with water.
- Stable Shelf Life: Oil palm is resistant to oxidation, which means it has a longer shelf life compared to some other vegetable oils. This helps maintain the quality and effectiveness of the soap over time.
Palm Oil Product Information
At Goat Milk Stuff, we prioritize the use of uncomplicated, wholesome ingredients you can rely on. The complete ingredient list for every product on our website is provided within the product description.
It's important to note that our products are manufactured in the same soaproom and often share the same equipment. Although we take precautions to keep items separated, if you have a life-threatening allergy to any of the ingredients used in our soaproom, we advise against using any of our products. (Please note that we do not use peanut oil or gluten in the soaproom, but these allergens are present in our food items.)
While we have thoroughly reviewed these lists for accuracy, we cannot guarantee there are no errors. Always refer to the individual ingredient list on each product page as your primary source of information. If you notice any discrepancies on these pages, please notify us promptly.
These lists were last updated on 9/30/23 and do not include any products added after that date. If you don't see a bath and body item on the list, please inform us, and we will ensure it gets added.
Peanut and Gluten Allergies: We source our ingredients from external suppliers, so we cannot control the purity of the ingredients or whether they are produced in facilities that handle peanuts. The rolled oats we use in our two scrub soaps are certified gluten-free.